VAT/BTW change settings in ProHMS
- In the mainmenu you will find the option Wijzigen / Wijzigen Afhalen / Wijzigen Restaurant. Here you will find the option VAT percentage.
- Please note! If you use multiple divisions you will need to change the VAT/BTW in the various divisions. (for both Takeaway and Restaurant if applicable)
- if you use a server system you can change the VAT/BTW on one workstation only . The other workstations will change automatically after rebooting the system.
- Close all daily reports until December 31st so you can start with a clean slate from January 1st.
- All daily or monthly reports that still contain 6% need to be printed for the administration prior to making the change to 9%
- Of course we always recommend on any occasion to make a good backup of your historic sales data.
Note: ProHMS is not working correctly from the year 2018 as already known. This is also valid for 2019. There will be no further software updates available for ProHMS.
Step by step instructions for ProHMS
- Go to main menu and choose option manager
- Close all the days that are still open and print the daily reports . And if needed also the monthly reports.
- Go back to the main menuu and choose one of the options for "Wijzigen" (Enter)
- Enter your password (Enter)
- Go to the option BTW/VAT (Enter)
- Go the line indicating the 6% (usually the first line). And change the 6 to 9. (Enter)
- Go back to the main menu with ESC
- This is the only change necessary. This means you DON'T need to change the menu itself !
- The exception of course is if you intend to increase the overall price level due to the BTW increase.
- ProHMS does NOT save the BTW percentage in the historic data. Therefore it's important to firstly print all historic reports that are still necessarey before changing the percentage.
- After changing to 9% it's no longer possible to make a correct printout from previous years. (F.e. if your accountant still needs an old report later the only way to print again is to change the percentage back to 6%, make the printout and change back to 9%)
- ProHMS is no longer supported for both software and hardware. Therefore we advice to switch to PolyTouch in order to be able to confirm to regulations.